Principal Heritage Officer Regions – Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage
Applications close 8/3/19
We are seeking a Principal Heritage Officer Regions to join the Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage in our Heritage division. If you are flexible, adaptable and have skills and experience in developing and implementing heritage projects that preserve and protect Aboriginal heritage sites we encourage you to apply. Please note the successful occupant will be required at times to travel including overnight stays.
The Principal Heritage Officer Regions works collaboratively with stakeholders to develop and implement heritage projects that preserve and protect Aboriginal heritage sites, provides updated information for inclusion on the Register of Places and Objects, provides training and mentoring on matters relating to the management of Aboriginal heritage and supports the Heritage Services Division in the development and application of policy to achieve Aboriginal heritage outcomes.
This vacancy is a permanent position and is a full-time position; however, consideration may be given to applicants seeking part-time opportunities. Suitable applicants may be considered for appointment to similar (permanent, fixed term, full-time or part-time) vacancies for a period of twelve (12) months from the initial date of the appointment.
If you would like to know more, please give Cesar Rodriguez, Manager Heritage Projectsa call on (08) 6551 8092 or email cesar.rodriguez@dplh.
To be successful in this role, you need to demonstrate;
- A flexible and adaptable project management style specifically in researching, developing and implementing heritage projects, in relation to Aboriginal heritage sites
- The ability to interpret and apply theAboriginal Heritage Act 1972
- The ability to engage, build and foster relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders including Aboriginal communities
- The Ability to record Aboriginal heritage sites for their inclusion on the Register of Places and Objects.
- The ability to develop and deliver training packages that aim to improve the protection and preservation of Aboriginal heritage
If this role sounds appealing, apply now by submitting the following:
- A two-three (2-3) page covering letter that demonstrates you have the skills and experience we are looking for (as outlined above);
- A comprehensive CV that clearly shows your talents and key achievements.
The Department’s values are an integral part of how we do business and we expect all successful candidates to be capable of operating in line with these beliefs. Successful candidates would also need to operate within the Public Sector’s Code of Ethics. Attached to this advert is a copy of the Departments Values Capability Framework.These should be incorporated into your written application.
Our Values:Integrity – Respect – Collaboration – Professionalism – Innovation
Public Sector Code of Ethics:Personal Integrity – Relationships with others – Accountability
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages Indigenous Australians, young people, people with disabilities, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our agency.
To find out more about the Department and what we have to offer click HERE
There is no job description form to accompany this recruitment.Please ensure you have saved your documents in MS Word (.doc files only) or PDF format and have allowed plenty of time to submit your application, as late, emailed and proforma applications will not be accepted.
To be eligible for permanent employment in the Public Sector, applicants must be able to provide a copy of proof of residency (i.e. citizenship, permanent residence or a valid working visa). If you are on a working visa, you may be eligible for temporary appointments, before an appointment is granted you must provide your passport details so that your working rights in Australia can be verified. While these details will be sufficient in the application, the original document will need to be sighted prior to appointment.